Porcelain Veneers without the Drill? | Veneers in Costa Ricafebrero 20, 2019
Why You Need Costa Rica Dental Implantsmarzo 1, 2019
Nutrition goes hand in hand with good oral health. Dietary factors have a huge impact on oral problems like tooth decay, tooth loss, gum disease, dry mouth, and many other dental illnesses. Nutrition can have a huge impact on the life and health of your teeth. Preventive dental care in Costa Rica lays a lot of emphasis on this since it can affect your oral health. Sonria Dental Boutique often treats patients who have severe tooth loss since they never took their nutrition seriously.
Preventive Dental Care in Costa Rica with Nutrition
What we eat has a critical effect on the health of our teeth. Studies show that a lot of diseases that stem from a poor diet like heart disease, strokes, cancer, and diabetes also have an impact on the oral health of the individual. Making healthy food choices is one of the most important forms of preventive dental care in Costa Rica. The nutrients in food consist largely of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, and water.
There are some things that you should remember if you want to have healthier teeth:
- Drink plenty of water: Water is essential for a healthy mouth since it has a lot of benefits. Firstly, water washes away any lingering food particles stuck to your tooth. These food particles are the perfect fuel for harmful bacteria and can lead to tooth decay if plaque forms. Water also enhances the production of saliva, which balances the pH level of the mouth.
- Limit snacking: Snacking at odd times or between meals increases the formation of tartar and plaque. It also disturbs the production of saliva, which can cause dry mouth and other dental issues. Snacking also gives rise to the amount of lingering food particles in your mouth.
- Replenish minerals: Having healthy foods like almonds and other nuts can be the best form of preventive dental care in Costa Rica. They contain vitamins B2 and B12, as well as iron. This strengthens the teeth and decreases the risk of gum diseases. Other important minerals like calcium, potassium, and fluoride need to be taken for the health of your teeth as well.
- Increase dairy: Milk, cheese, yogurt, and other dairy products are great for the health of your teeth since they reduce acidity and are great sources of minerals.
- Avoid sugar: Sugar is the best food source for harmful bacteria in the mouth. It can increase the number of bacteria overnight. Straight sugar in sodas, candies, and other sugary foods can increase the plaque against your teeth. This plaque hardens into tartar and releases acids in your teeth, causing tooth decay and enamel break down.
Nutrition is important since it is the easiest form of prevention against dental problems. Sonria Dental Boutique also provides the best prevent dental care in Costa Rica to protect your teeth from dental problems.