Dental Crowns/ Bridges
A dental crown is a “cap” that looks like a real tooth and is placed over a tooth, to cover the tooth for the purpose of restoring its shape and size, strength, and appearance.
Dental Crowns are prosthetic structures that are used for reconstructing damaged teeth or replacing missing teeth. While they can be manufactured out of different materials, the best material is dental porcelain. Compared with dental crowns made out of other materials, porcelain dental crowns are more stable, stronger and resemble natural teeth more closely.
Costa Rica Dental Bridges
Dental Bridges are structures used to replace teeth that have been lost but that still have strong teeth on one or both sides of the gap.
Dental Bridges are attached to healthy teeth on one or both sides of the gap and have a dental crown in the middle that will replace the missing tooth.
You may need a dental crown if any of the following apply:
- You have a weak tooth and you need a dental crown to keep it from breaking
- You have a broken tooth that needs to be restored
- You have a tooth with a large filling and you need a dental crown to keep the tooth together
- You need dental crown to hold a dental bridge in place
- You need a dental crown to cover misshaped or severely discolored teeth
- You need a dental crown to cover a dental implant
Porcelain crowns are strong covers made of porcelain that are used to reconstruct teeth that have suffered severe damage from a disease, trauma, or a dental procedure, but are still healthy. They are commonly used to reconstruct teeth that have been saved by a root canal.