COVID-19 Useful Information to travel to Costa Rica
Just so you are aware, Costarican government requests a health pass and insurance. US Government asks you to enter the US a negative Covid Test, 72 hours prior to your departure to the US even though you have or not got covid vaccine. Please find attached a document with the Requirements to Enter to Costa Rica & Requirements to Enter or Return to the USA.
As more Americans receive the Covid-19 vaccination, International travel increases. Americans that plan to visit Costa Rica for dental tourism will find the following information useful.
2 Requirements to Enter to Costa Rica:
1) Fill out the electronic epidemiological HEALTH PASS form.
You cannot complete the form more than 48 hours before your departure. It is mandatory that this form be completed within 48 hours. Please click on this link 48 hours before your departure. https://salud.go.cr.
Once you are on the first page of the Health Pass, you can select the language at the right top corner of the page. Then go to the bottom of this page and click Fill Form.
2) Traveler’s Medical Insurance - international or purchased in Costa Rica through the National Insurance Institute (INS) When you click at Fill Form you will find the option Grupo INS on that second page.
- Costa Rican insurance company is the easiest and most efficient way to buy the insurance purchase this insurance and fulfill the requirement.
- Coverage provided by this insurance includes all needs and concerns defined by the Costa Rican Government, link: https://salud.go.cr (Recommended option: Grupo INS). This company may be the best option to buy the insurance. Once you choose Grupo INS you will see two flags at the right top corner, please choose the British flag for English.
*** If you desire to purchase your own insurance in the USA: the patient must request from their insurer a certificate issued in English or Spanish, to include the following:
- a) The policy is valid during the time you will be visiting Costa Rica.
- b) Coverage is guaranteed for medical expenses in cases of the ‘pandemic disease’ (COVID 19) in Costa Rica, for at least US $ 50,000 (fifty thousand dollars of the United States of America).
- c) Minimum coverage to include a provision of US $ 2,000 for extended lodging expenses due to the ‘pandemic disease’.
Tourists who fail to comply with these requirements may not enter the country.
Requirement from the USA Government to Enter or Return to USA
1) Effective January 26, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative Covid-19 viral test taken within 72 hours (three calendar days) of flight departure.
One of our drivers will help you to receive your Covid-19 Test 72 hours before your departure to USA.
USA Toll Free (888) 275-8924 / CR Tel. + (506) 2289-6969 / Guachipelin, Escazú, CR / WWW.SONRIACR.COM