Tooth Decay: Symptoms, Cause and Treatment | Dental Tourism Costa RicaNovember 23, 2018
Tourist Spots in Costa Rica | Dental Vacations in Costa RicaDecember 7, 2018
Ways Smoking Affects Dental Health | Costa Rica Dental Team
Smoking can be really harmful to the mouth, gums, and teeth. Costa Rica Dental Team at Sonria Dental Boutique, recommend that you study the effects of smoking carefully so that you can reduce them. If you face any of the oral health problems below, then it is recommended that you visit expert dental clinics like Sonria Dental Boutique. Problems can become worse if they are taken care of immediately.
Problems Highlighted by Costa Rica Dental Team
If you smoke, there are different oral problems that you may be facing:
- Stained Teeth: Smoking can leave stains on the teeth. The nicotine in cigarettes turns teeth yellow when they are exposed to oxygen. Even e-cigarettes can have this effect. You may need to contact Costa Rica dental team to give you veneers if you get stains.
- Tooth Decay: Smoking encourages plaque build-up among smokers, which can increase your chances of cavities. Plaque is the accumulation of bacteria around the teeth that can cause teeth to weaken. It eats away at the enamel of the teeth causing all sorts of dental problems.
- Dry Mouth: Smoking can cause a decrease in saliva production. Expert Costa Rica dental teams have found that saliva is critical in a healthier oral condition. Reduced saliva can actually leave behind bacteria and particles stuck to the teeth. This increases the chances for enamel erosion that can be quite harmful to your teeth.
- Reduced Taste: Smoking also damages your taste bud function. The nicotine in cigarettes impedes the ability to taste food. This means that you won’t be able to enjoy food like before.
- Gum Disease: Smoking has adverse effects on the cells in the gums. The smoking residue can actually burrow deep inside the crevices of the gums. This can actually lead to Periodontitis. It is important to visit Costa Rica dental teams so that they can reduce tartar buildup and treat your gums so that they are healthier.
- Damaged Roots: Smokers are actually twice as likely to get a root canal then someone who doesn’t smoke. This means that smokers are actually more likely to have damaged roots and teeth. This means that you will need root canals from Costa Rica dental teams to treat your condition.
- Bad Odor: The lingering smoke smell can be quite unpleasant to be around. The smell of smoke can cause your breath to stink. Bad breath can also be caused by gum disease and tooth decay. Smoking increases the chances of developing both.
Why Visit Costa Rica Dental Team?
Costa Rica expert dentists can really help you out with all these problems. They take affordable prices and the level of health care is really high. Costa Rica dental teams like Sonria Dental Boutique are professionals who can help fix any dental problem.
Costa Rica Dental Implants | Request a Free consultation today