Best Foods for Healthy Teeth According to Costa Rica Dental CareJanuary 29, 2019
How to Prevent Teeth Grinding | Dentists in Costa RicaFebruary 4, 2019
Burning mouth syndrome is the feeling of burning in the mouth which is constant, chronic, or recurrent. It persists without any obvious cause and may cause discomfort around the gums, lips, tongue, the roof of the mouth, inside of cheeks, or multiple areas in the mouth. It feels as though your mouth has been scalded by something really hot. The experts at Sonria Dental Boutique recommend that you seek expert treatment since it is a challenging disease.
Dental Care in Costa Rica Treats Burning Mouth
Dental care in Costa Rica has outlined some symptoms of burning mouth. If you have any of the following symptoms, you should seek affordable, expert care with Sonria Dental Boutique at once:
- Scalding or burning sensation which can affect lips, tongue, palate, gums, throat, or whole mouth
- Changes in taste such as metallic or bitter taste.
- Loss of taste
- A feeling of dry mouth and increased thirst.
The symptoms may occur every day, last all day, come and go, or increase in intensity as the day progresses. It is important that you seek treatment with dental care in Costa Rica rather than neglecting the problem and making it worse. Since it is really hard to pinpoint the causes of burning mouth, you will definitely need an expert dentist for the job. The causes of burning mouth are stated as follows.
- Dry Mouth can cause issues with the salivary gland or be a symptom of other oral health problems like cancer or medication. It can create a burning sensation in the mouth.
- Oral Conditions like geographic tongue, oral lichen planus, or fungal infections can also cause burning mouth.
- Nutritional Deficiencies like zinc, thiamin, riboflavin, folate, cobalamin, and pyridoxine.
- Dentures that don’t fit well can put stress on the tissues and muscles of the mouth causing stress or pressure. They may also be made of materials that irate the tissues.
- Allergies or Reactions
- Stomach Acid Reflux can cause the pH level of the mouth to change, which increases the number of harmful bacteria in the mouth.
- Medication like that of high blood pressure can cause burning mouth.
- Endocrine Disorders like diabetes can also disturb your oral health.
- Oral Habits like thrusting the tongue, grinding the teeth, and biting the tip of the tongue can all cause damage to the muscles and tissues of the mouth.
- Excessive Mouth Irritation may occur from habits like over brushing, overusing mouthwash, having acidic drinks, or using harsh toothpaste.
- Psychological Issues like depression, anxiety, and stress can also strain your teeth and gums.
When such lab or clinical abnormalities aren’t identified, then it is called idiopathic burning mouth syndrome. It is vital that you seek professional dental care in Costa Rica to handle the issue or else it can create a lot of discomfort for you.